Child Protection Week
The week of 3-7 September is Child Protection Week. During this week, we want to make all students and parents aware of methods they can use to keep us all safe. Posters have been put up around our campus illustrating these main points:
- Before I go anywhere, I always CHECK FIRST with my parents or the person in charge. I tell them where I am going, how I will get there, who will be going with me and when I will be back.
- I CHECK FIRST for permission from my parents before getting into a car or leaving with anyone — even someone I know.
- I CHECK FIRST before changing plans or accepting money, gifts or anything else without my parents’ knowledge.
- It is SAFER FOR ME to be with people I know when going places or playing outside.
- I TRUST MY FEELINGS and talk to grown-ups if I feel something isn’t right. A lot of people care about me and will listen and believe me. I am not on my own.
- It is NEVER TOO LATE to ask for help. I can keep asking until I get the help I need.
- I am a very special person and I DESERVE TO FEEL SAFE. My rules are:
- Check first
- Say no
- Listen to my feelings
- Tell a trusted adult
Thank you for your help in keeping our children safe.