TAFE 2017 Trade Taster
TAFE Queensland SkillsTech
Year 10 Trade Taster Program
Do you have students who are currently in Year 10 who enjoy practical work and using their hands? Are they considering a career in the trades?
They can apply now for our Year 10 Trade Taster Program!
|Cost:||This program is fully funded by the Queensland Government and is offered to students at no cost.
This program does not use a students VETiS funding entitlement.
|When:||The program will run one day per week for 9 weeks, in Term 3 2017.|
|Where:||Acacia Ridge Training Centre, 247 Bradman Street, Acacia Ridge
Bracken Ridge Training Centre, 157 Norris Road, Bracken Ridge
Alexandra Hills Training Centre, Windemere Road, Alexandra Hills
Who is eligible to undertake this program?
Students must be in Year 10 and be undertaking Maths and English at a Year 10 level.
How does it work?
- Students will attend one day per week.
- Students who do not yet hold a Construction Safety White Card will undertake this as part of the program. The cost of the White Card is also subsidised by the Queensland Government so is offered at no cost to students.
- Students who already hold a Construction Safety White Card will not be required to attend the White Card day. Students will be asked if they hold a White Card when enrolment offers are made.
- Students undertake training in occupational health and safety and 3 different trade areas.
- Students will complete individual competencies from various programs but will not complete a full certificate or obtain any QCE credits.
- It is a condition of enrolment into this program that students commit to attending all classes.
What trades are available to try?
Full details of the proposed programs available at each location, can be found by clicking on the hyperlinks below. Please note that these may change but are indicative of the trades available.
Places are limited so it is recommended that students have multiple preferences to avoid disappointment. When enrolment offers are made, if the student’s first preference is unavailable, they will be contacted to request their other preferences. There is no need for them to submit multiple applications with multiple preferences.
Each group contains a maximum number of 14 students and minimum student numbers are required for groups to run.
How do students apply?
Students need to apply online at tafeapply.com. Students will require an application code.
Application code: TQST17TT
To apply, students will need to enter their USI (Unique Student Identifier) number. To create a USI, head to www.usi.gov.au.
Students will need to select an industry area. All students need to select the industry area of:
Building and Construction
* please note – this is a system setting only and will not limit group selection to building and construction trades.
Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
What happens after students apply?
After students apply, an email will be sent to their parents and the school, seeking approval for the application. If everyone approves, TAFE Queensland SkillsTech will contact the student further regarding an offer of place. Students will need to keep an eye out on their emails as they will be given a limited amount of time to respond to their offer.
If you have any questions, please contact our TAFE at School Team on 07 3244 0341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org