The Teacher Feature is meant to highlight our current teachers. We have an amazingly diverse staff and we encourage you to get to know them!
- What class or classes do you teach?
I teach Year 5.
- How long have you been working at Northpine?
I came to Northpine in 2014.
- How did you first discover you wanted to be a teacher?
Our mum had a rule that if you didn’t know what you wanted to do when you finished school you had to go to university and study teaching (it worked for two of us).
- Where are you originally from?
Born in Bundaberg, grew up on a farm. When I was in primary school, my parents decided to become missionaries in the South Pacific. Yes, I have lived the dream by living on a tropical island!
- What might we be surprised to know about you?
I don’t like playing competitive sport because I like to win.
- If you could time travel, where and when would you go?
I think that I would like a place in time where you can live life the way you wish without worrying about finances, work, world crisis … aka let’s go to heaven and laze on a beach, climb mountains and hang out with Jesus.
- What’s one great book or movie you’ve read or seen recently?
I watched the movie Lion over the holidays. I enjoy watching movies based on true events.
- Which person, directly or indirectly, has inspired you the most?
I have a supportive family that does anything for anyone. My Aunty Rose is a very giving, caring, and spiritual person who has encouraged me throughout my life. She will even come on STORM Co trips when we need her.
- What is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
I enjoyed the views in Canada from the top of a slope and having all day to ‘play’.
- What is the best advice that you can give to your students?
Seek God. Love God. Serve God.