The Teacher Feature is meant to highlight our current teachers. We have an amazingly diverse staff and we encourage you to get to know them!
- What class or classes do you teach?
- How long have you been working at Northpine?
- How did you first discover you wanted to be a teacher?
When I was in Year 10, I did work experience in a primary classroom. After that, I knew that it would be a perfect job for me.
- Where are you originally from?
Central Coast, New South Wales
- What might we be surprised to know about you?
I broke my arm as a child and now, as a result, I cannot touch my shoulder so well on my left hand side.
- If you could time travel, where and when would you go?
I would travel back to the time of Jesus so that I could hear him preach.
- What’s one great book or movie you’ve read or seen recently?
I enjoyed reading The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.
- Which person, directly or indirectly, has inspired you the most?
My Year 6 teacher inspired me the most. He was the first person to challenge me to make my faith personal.
- What is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
The rainforest near Terrigal, NSW where my sister was married.
- What is the best advice that you can give to your students?
Always do your best and learn from your mistakes.