The Teacher Feature is meant to highlight our current teachers. We have an amazingly diverse staff and we encourage you to get to know them!
- What class or classes do you teach?
- How long have you been working at Northpine?
- How did you first discover you wanted to be a teacher?
When I was young, I really loved going to school! It was so much fun that when I got home from school, I would play ‘schools’. My teddies and dolls were the students!
- Where are you originally from?
Born and bred in Adelaide—Port Adelaide. For many early years of my teaching career, I lived in Sydney.
- What might we be surprised to know about you?
Some people are still surprised to know that I ride a motorbike.
- If you could time travel, where and when would you go?
Probably travel back to the eighties! Life was fun and carefree. The music was great too!
- What’s one great book or movie you’ve read or seen recently?
A movie I enjoyed earlier this year was ‘Hidden Figures’—Powerful depictions of smart, strong women working at NASA in the 60’s, through a dynamic era of world history.
- Which person, directly or indirectly, has inspired you the most?
I have been blessed to know many inspiring people—firstly, my Mum who sacrificed much to give her children a Christian education. Then, there were many teachers/colleagues who I have had the privilege to know and work with throughout my teaching career. The most inspiring ones are those who love God and put others first. A great motto to live by!
- What is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
- What is the best advice that you can give to your students?
As above! Love God and put others first.