The Teacher Feature is meant to highlight our current teachers. We have an amazingly diverse staff and we encourage you to get to know them!
- Which class or classes do you teach?
I teach Year 2, specifically 2C.
- How long have you been working at Northpine?
I came to Northpine in 2012 and have been working here since, however I have had some time off in that time to have my children.
- Where are you originally from?
A very small place, Colombatti, which is located on the Mid-North coast of NSW.
- What are your favorite hobbies?
Reading, knitting, sewing and drinking tea.
- If you could meet any historical figure, living or dead, who would you choose and why?
There are so many people I would love to meet from Jesus to his disciple Peter, but then also King John who signed the Magna Carta or Homer the ancient Greek poet, and then there is Jane Austen… I could go on but I love history and meeting any number of historical figures would be wonderful to me.
- What’s one great book or movie you’ve read or seen recently?
I’ve recently been reading a book by Chip and Joanna Gains called ‘The Magnolia Story’.
- Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
I love the cold, so going to Whistler in Canada during winter was so beautiful to me. I loved seeing snow fall and feeling cold. I cannot wait to go back to the snow again.
- What is the best advice that you can give to your students?
Always choose kindness.