The Teacher Feature is meant to highlight our current teachers. We have an amazingly diverse staff and we encourage you to get to know them!
- What class or classes do you teach?
Mondays and Tuesdays: Years 7-12 Home Economics and Year 12 SOR.
- How long have you been working at Northpine?
- How did you first discover you wanted to be a teacher?
I was going to be a Speech Pathologist but God had other plans. He guided me into teaching. It wasn’t until I started the second year of my teaching degree that I realised I wanted to be there.
- Where are you originally from?
- What might we be surprised to know about you?
I love travelling, boating and camping, I’ve been skydiving, my favourite colour is red, my pets include a dog, a bird, three fish and a snake, one of my three kids was born in England and I’m scared of horses.
- If you could time travel, where and when would you go?
I would be happy to travel back anywhere at anytime. I would find it interesting. I would want to come back pretty quickly though as I would miss my family!
- What’s one great book or movie you’ve read or seen recently?
I read The Help and enjoyed it.
- Which person, directly or indirectly, has inspired you the most?
So many people have inspired me in many different ways; my parents and teachers have really impacted me throughout my life.
- What is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
Lake Bled, Slovenia.
- What is the best advice that you can give to your students?
Treat every person you meet as a child of God because that is what they are.