Year 9 Parent Info Evening
Information Evening for the New Queensland Certificate of Education and Australia Tertiary Admission Rank
Dear Parents/Caregivers of Year 9 Students,
At Northpine Christian College, plans for 2018/2019 are well underway, due to the fact that, next year, students currently in Year 9 will encounter a significant milestone in their educational life – Senior school. Even more importantly, they will be the first generation of students who will have to experience and graduate from Queensland’s new senior assessment system also known as the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) in 2020. Our college is committed to supporting your child through this process in order to ensure a smooth transition into Year 10 as well as an informed and thus successful approach to the new assessment and ranking system. Therefore we would like to invite you to attend the Year 9 Parent Information Evening scheduled for Tuesday, 25th July at 7.00 pm in the College Performing Arts Centre, during which vital information regarding your child’s senior years will be shared.
The success of your child in ATAR will be dependent upon us all working together to support them over the next three years, I urge you to make this information evening a priority in your calendars.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Overview of the new ‘Certificate of Education’ (QCE) system and the ‘Australian Tertiary Admission Rank’ (ATAR) and implications for students and parents
- Principles of subject selection – the newly introduced system of mandatory career interviews
- Advice on skills and work habits necessary for meeting the Year 10, 11 and 12 requirements
- School-led support mechanisms for students and parents
- Subject choice forms for Year 10
-Mr J. Tams, Deputy Principal of Middle/Senior School